Monday, April 13, 2015

The Night always comes


I don't know about you but I LOVE reading motherhood chronicles, blogs, articles, books! There is something about the writing of a mother that just moves, inspires... nourishes me. The way only mothers can do. 
Here it goes one... From a #sacredsister

The night always comes

The dark, quiet moments of motherhood are the ones I love, the ones I live for. The hustle and bustle about do me in on a regular basis. I don't have the general attitude or the aloofness or the strict consistency that helps when chaos reigns. But I do my best to muddle though. Too many times I have felt pulled into that pit, a sinkhole of mud and grime and tears and the work of it. 

Today was one of those days. The spark just felt beat out of me by whiney voices, dirty feet and toys and just utter discord. I barely dragged us all out of the house and called my husband to share the triumph of just making it out of the house with shoes all around. 


And the hardness, the bitterness... It is awful on the moment, but it makes these next moments where the baby and toddler are sleeping and the oldest has snuggled in my arms, juyfully nursed a bit, and is now nodding in and out of slumber, all the sweeter. 

Hard days won't break me. Bitter tastes make the sweet extraordinary. I can do this. And rain will make the flowers grow.


~ Cheryl Kindred 
Mother to Three

Check her blog for more (and share with us YOUR #motherhoodchronicles )



I just love these images from Paulina and Kiera
More on their work:
Breastfeeding photo by Paulina Splechta Photography, Breastfeeding Photographer http://www.facebook.com/paulinasplechta

Gorgeous images from http://kieralillesvefoto.com

#sacredbeginnings
#sacredlivingmovement
#sacredpregnancy

Explore more of Sacred Beginnings program:

No comments:

Post a Comment