Thursday, June 4, 2015

Celebrating motherhood

The BABY BUZZ from Sacred Beginnings

Some time ago at #sacredbeginnings we asked the women in the tribe to make a list of #100thingsILikeAboutBeingAMother

I want to share a bit of the beauty that bloomed from this challenge...

Reasons why I love motherhood...
* it has cracked me wide open. Sometimes gently like waves wearing down rocks into sand, sometimes violently like glass breaking on tile.

*it has made me trust myself. No matter what the doctor, or the other mom on the playground, or the ever knowledgeable Google says only I am the expert on my children (this take some getting used to).

*all the words. Something about the fact that helpless babies become (very) opinionated toddlers is amazing. 

* the chance to re-do childhood. And to heal all the broken pieces and the yucky memories and FILL them with joy.

*making magic (Santa, tooth fairy, Easter bunny and magically fairy dusting all the normal moments).

*seeing my husband as a father... although we have almost no time together, our connection as a parental unit is unshakeable.

*making family traditions. I had no idea how powerful this was.

* facing my fears (Pema Chodron says something like "the experience never goes away until you learn the lesson you need to learn." Oh boy have I learned this!) 

*ears... bear with me here. I am always AMAZED that my body made those tiny ears!

*cuddles. No explanation needed.

*seeing the good (and bad) of myself in my children. And making me realize just how miraculously beautiful and painfully difficult I am.

~ Emily Martel
Mother to two.

So so grateful to this inspiration! What about you? Want to make a list?


Photo credit:
https://www.facebook.com/CamillaAlbanoFotografia

#sacredlivingmovement
#sacredpregnancy

Explore more of Sacred Beginnings program:
www.sacred-beginning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment