Friday, March 6, 2015

A Newborn's Ten Commandments

"I come to you a small, immature being with own style and personality. I am yours for only a short time - enjoy me."
1. Please take the time to find out who I am, how I differ from you, and how much I can bring you.
2. Please feed me when I am hungry. I never knew hunger before I was born, and clocks mean nothing to me.
3. Please hold me, cuddle me, kiss me, touch and stroke me, and sing to me. I was always held closely before I was born - I was never alone.
4. Please don't be disappointed with I am not the perfect baby that you expected, and don't be disappointed with yourselves that you are not the perfect parents.
5. Please don't expect too much from me as your newborn baby, or too much from yourselves as parents.
6. Please forgive me if I cry. If you are patient with me, in a short time I will spend less time crying and more time socializing.
7. Please watch me carefully and in time I can tell you those things that soothe, console, and please me.
8. Please remember that I am resilient and can withstand the many natural mistakes you will make with me. As long as you make them with love, you cannot ruin me.
9. Please take care of yourself, eat well, rest and exercise so that when we are together you have the health and strength to take care of me.
10. Please take care of your relationship with each other - what good is a family attachment if there is no family to attach to?
#sacredbeginnings
#sacredlivingmovement
#sacredpregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment