Friday, March 20, 2015

Just for today...


For Today
Today we'll do things differently, today is just for you

I've stopped the world from spinning round, today's about us two


We won't rush to get dressed or clean breakfast from your face

We'll linger with your favourite toys and take things at your pace

Let us give the shops a miss today and scrap doing the chores

Let me oblige and sing that song each time you tell me more

Let me pick you up each time you pull and ask me for a cuddle


And if I don't attempt a million things, I won't get in a muddle

And when we wander out today I won't make you wear your hat

You can pause at every flower, say hello to every cat

If you want to walk about, even though it takes us longer

And when you're tired I'll scoop you up, 'cos your love makes me stronger

You're a million kinds of precious, and though I shouldn't need reminding


I sometimes have to stop and think, but thanks to you I'm finding

That our lives are full of magic in between the other stuff

And what you give is all I need, love really is enough

So let us read an extra story, let us make a bit more mess

No worries that we're running late, no calls to make, no stress

I'm going to try and see the world just like you do each day

As an exciting big adventure and a brand new game to play

My task today is not to clean or wash or tidy up

It's to chase you 'til you laugh out loud and beg for me to stop

It's to play the silly games you love and take you to the park

It's to be with you 'til evening falls and the sky outside turns dark

Then I'll carry you to bed tonight with a happy, tired yawn

And cuddle you for twice as long, just like when you were born

And if sleep does not come easily, tonight I will not mind

The world can wait, I'll stay with you until your dreams you find

And tomorrow might be different as that's just the way it goes

But whatever stuff life throws at us, I hope you always know

You fill our hearts up to the brim and make the dull seem new

You grow and laugh and share and love, and teach us all this too

~ Yvette Lamb

#sacredbeginnings
#sacredpregnancy
#sacredlivingmovement

No comments:

Post a Comment