Monday, March 9, 2015

Why journal?


Do you... Write?



I write. I love to write. I have been writing since I was a little girl and I have boxes full of notebooks. Big small, pretty, ripped off, some decorated, some plain and simple, some full of colors, some impossible to read (most of them actually! Sometimes I wish my mind was not like this, so much faster then my hand!). I love writing and I found that motherhood as brought new needs to my routines and this is one of them. I NEED more and more time with my thoughts, just that. 

Do you journal about motherhood? Or your children? Your new life? Your fears and joys? 

Do you journal in your Facebook wall, do you keep secret pages for this practice in your Sacred Space or do you write notes in your phone, or create documents on your computer? Do you journal with words, with images...? With sounds?


I find joy in journaling, it is fun for me, and specially it is... HEALING, definitely a #sacredritual


"Here are five reasons (there are many more) writing in a journal can be important to us all.


Permission. To be all of you and as much of you as you are in any given moment. When others around you can’t hold space for what you’re going through, it gives you permission to hold space for yourself.


Heart access. The hand is led from the heart. When we write, long enough, we access our truth. Our intuition. Our inner knowing. Our heart space.


Release. Brain dump, heart dump. Letting go. It distributes the weight of life, so it no longer sits merely on your shoulders.


Housekeeping. Life can get crazy messy. Journaling lets you clean up the mess a bit. To find clarity and calm in the chaos.


Depth. There’s a depth in us all that we don’t reach in the busyness of life. That we can’t reach when we don’t sit with ourselves long enough to share what’s going on within. Journaling creates room to go deeper.


There are no rules. Just begin. Simply show up. Write what’s on your mind. Write until you are empty.


All answers are within us. Writing gives you new ears. Simply start."


~Falan

Mama to three. 

(you can find more of Falan at her blogue: falanstorm.com)


Write to me if your wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment