Monday, March 9, 2015

Karuna Love: a letter to memory


#sacredbeginnings

#sacredlivingmovement


Day 1 on Karuna, the mother-child sacred love affair.

Inspiration for the Love Month!


from beautiful Maggie Clifford #MaggieClifford

A Letter to Memory

Dear Memory,


If you don’t mind, would you please keep tabs on these tiny fingers grabbing tiny toes? And the small chubby arms reaching out for my breast? Oh, and all the toothless smiles, tender cheeks, the wobbly head, and those beautiful darting eyes? And please don’t lose track of that small hand of hers moving ever so delicately in front of her face, the way she entrances herself with her finger’s movement and the steady gaze, that direct attention she gives to her own development



Please, dear memory, my old friend, don’t let me lose these things. I know, I know, let it be, you say. Just enjoy it and let it pass. But this is too much beauty for me to perceive all at once! I’ll need years, lifetimes, to uncover every aspect of the sweet richness of this baby’s development. How can you expect me to grasp all of it in one go?


Yes. I hold her, I kiss her, I watch her from afar. I gently bathe her, I massage her body when she is fussy. I soothe her. I sing. Yes, I do these things. I enjoy her. Just like the woman who lost her own daughter this fall advised me to. I am grateful. I am happy. But still, sometimes I worry that my body will forget. My memory will fade and this richness will pass on without me. Can’t I keep these things? These precious things that fill my body with joy, these must be worthy of holding on to.



So please, dear memory, my old friend, don’t let me lose these things. I promise, I won’t ask for much. Just these tiny hands. That tender smile. The sweet smell of baby. Just these things. As I see it all passing away, I ask you, memory, to serve me well so that I can remember. Please. I beg you.


Oh I just LOVE this text!

And I don't know if you know but Maggie is our MUSIC Goddess inspiration at SACRED Beginnings! You can listen to her and check her inspiring work in our SB page.


SHARE with us your #motherchildSacredLove inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment