Saturday, March 7, 2015

Jesika's Reflection

Jesika's sweet reflection on the Sacred Beginnings retreat:
As a postpartum doula I was drawn to the Sacred Beginnings program as a way to create community and sisterhood with my new mamas. Itching to help them cut the isolation of new motherhood. As the weather started to shift in NJ, I was only too happy to make a visit to FL for the retreat. To my pleasant surprise, we joined together in a lovely house, right on the beach! Such a beautiful place to create new bonds and learn. I watched the sun rise each morning, was guided through some soul fulfilling yoga, ate impeccable vegetarian food, and learned how to guide new mama's though an 8 week course as they shift from maiden to mother with their new little ones. Danielle and Christy were awe inspiring as they lead us through this experiential journey. I understood what it was like to be a part of the program while having all of my questions answered, so that I too could become such a gracious guide. I was able to create the most beautiful bonds with each of the 14 other women present and walked away feeling honored, blessed, prepared, and fulfilled. My cup overflows with the joy and beauty that is Sacred Beginnings. I can't wait to host my first circle and continue to nourish the wonderful friendships that I know will last a lifetime.


#sacredbeginnings
#sacredlivingmovement
#sacredpregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment