Monday, March 23, 2015

Stay wild, child


Tippi 


There is a story of a child, in Africa, fearless of all animals, protected by the wild beasts, accepted by the more traditional tribes, knowledgeable of the language of the birds and the secrets of the roots. 
A child for whom the desert dunes where a playground and the elephant's back her seesaw. 

They say she could speak to the snakes and was friends with the crocodiles. 
She says she could silently speak to each one of the animals, and she called them brothers:
"I speak to them with my mind, or through my eyes, my heart or my soul, and I see that they understand and answer me."


The wild leopards did not harm her, the pure elephants did not hide away from her, the raw tribal rituals did not exclude her. She was part of it, just a part of it. So beautifully simple. Nothing more to add. 

You can see her in the amazing photos her parents took, and you cannot tell her blonde hair from the lion's, her suntanned skin from the golden sand... 
She was the daughter of a French couple (of wildlife photographers), and was born in Namibia where she lived till she was ten.


She was "just a child" with a story, brave, genius, exceptional.
Like yours. 
Or should I say she was "just a child", raw, wild, pure... like yours?

How many of us see our children talking to the pets, naturally attracting horses, wishing to hug ducks, playing with birds, admiring the bees, or smiling to the ants? I say do not dismiss this sensibility, this care and treasuring of life's sacredness. Honor it, listen to it's music, dance to it's songs (join humming, if you still remember these magical childhood worlds and it's sacred sounds). Trust your child's nature.


I like her. I like "Tippi of Africa", cause she doesn't let me forget this.

How about you? What reminders does this bring to you?

[Images from Tippi's book by Alain Degré and Sylvie Robert]

#sacredbeginnings
#sacredlivingmovement
#sacredpregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment