Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Another motherhood poem

and it's a gift from one of our sacred sisters, (in so many ways it is a gift). I can see the scene so vividly! Can't you?

"I wake up to the same mess each morning
Left over from the night before.
You are my alarm. 
As I go to clean
you are my shadow, 
my undoing, my teacher.
As I wipe the counters, throw away the trash and put away the last dish, I smile for I feel achieved.  
I turn around to find you in the middle of the carpeted floor, 
covered in rice, the entire box empty, you made it snow....

I am tired but it is love that makes me smile."

~ Sunkmanitu
Mother of three 


(Images from Megan Soto Photography)

Do you also write on your path as a mother? Share with us your #motherhoodPoems

#sacredbeginnings
#sacredpregnancy
#sacredlivingmovement

No comments:

Post a Comment